IT Service Desk Manager
Simnet is a “White Glove” Hosted Private Cloud, Managed and Security Service provider with the vision to become one of Canada’s most trusted private cloud and SaaS Security companies. We are currently looking for an IT Service Delivery Manager with the experience and drive to help us achieve this goal.
Reporting to the President, you will play a key role in overseeing the day-to-day including balancing IT related incident and services requests along with the successful deployment of projects.
A day in the life of a Service Desk Manager includes:
• Ensures that tickets are quickly responded to, assigned and categorized according to predefined service and priority levels
• Acts as the primary client escalation point for any unresolved service/incident related issues
• Proactively reports on trends and service delivery statistics so we can be responsive to clients and find efficiencies
• Oversees procurement of hardware and software and negotiates contracts with vendors for the acquisition of goods and services
• Conducts incident management and CAB meetings
• Acts as a bridge between the Sales and Service Team
• Assists the Sales team in preparation of quotes, RFP’s, etc.
• Ensures effective integration, knowledge sharing and collaboration between team members
• Provides leadership in the development of and compliance with support and service standards to provide superior client service
• Manages the ticketing system while constantly looking for ways to do things better
• Manages the project coordinator to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and on-budget. Puts the bow on top!
• Hires, manages and trains full-time and contract staff to ensure that we are staying current with emerging technologies. Conducts semi-annual performance reviews with your team.
• Thinks long-term, big picture and strongly aligns themselves to our Mission, Vision and Values
You possess the following credentials:
• Four-year University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
• 5 years’ experience managing an IT service desk
• Experience managing IT related projects – preference will be given to those who hold their PMP certification.
• ITIL Foundations
What “fit” looks like:
• You are process driven and don’t get caught up in the weeds
• You are extremely organized and understand the importance of solid documentation
• You understand when to jump and how high
• You have strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate
• You lead by example and want to drink the Simnet Kool-Aid
• You applied to this job because you really believed that you could make a difference and you included a cover letter with your application explaining what you think success looks like in this role